First mentioned in records as early as 1350, this farm was named after its owner, the Florentine banker Boccia. In the following centuries of wine trade, the winery served famous clients including Meinhard II of Tyrol. Today the winery is run as Pitsch am Bach – Family Vineyard Estate by the Schweigkofler family, which itself has been committed to wine-growing for eight generations. The vineyards are harvested according to natural cultivation techniques and the vinification follows traditional wine making processes, also in the cultivation of only native varieties, such as Lagrein, Vernatsch, Gewürztraminer and Goldmuskateller. These grapes reflect the genuine ties of the wine-growers to their terroir. On the hills between St. Magdalena and St. Justina – the traditional area for the classic St. Magdalena red wine – the vines reach their optimum conditions. All Pitsch am Bach wines, Lagrein, Magdalener, Gewürztraminer and Pitsch'n Pfiff are certified DOC wines which can be tasted and purchased in the in-house farm wine store.